To be a global leader in astronomy and space science.
To nurture passionate astronomers who improve society through real-world applications of science and technology.
- Life-long Learners of Character
- Creative Problem Finders and Solvers
- Dynamic Leaders in Service of Humanity
- Forging Excellence: “Ad Astra” (To the stars)
- Building an Empowered Community
- Expanding Learning Networks: “See the BIG picture”
The Astronomy Club started in 2013 with a small group of students. Over the years, the club grew from strength to strength to the current size, a choice CCA amongst the members of the SST community.
The club engages members in various activities; from talks to field trips to competitions and community outreach. In the Astronomy Club, one must teach to be a leader. The process of instructing or sharing develops the student leaders to be strong science communicators. The club develops the following skills: Collaboration, Communication, Curiosity, Critical Thinking, and Creative Thinking.
The phrases “Ad Astra” and “See the BIG picture” encapsulates the aspirations of the club in developing members who are ready for the world.
- Wednesdays (3.00pm to 5.00pm)
- Monthly star gazing trip
Key Competitions/ Programmes
- Astronomy Competitions
- Singapore Astronomy Olympiad
- Space Science Competitions
- International Space Challenge
- Satellite Design Competition
- Astronomy Field Trips
Astronomy Outreach Efforts (Public)
Attending Talks by Scientists (Dr Steven Vance, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory)
Learning Journeys to Observatories (Tech Dome Penang)
Participating in Astronomy Competitions (Poster & Quiz)