The SST Media Club provides a dynamic platform for students who are passionate about multimedia and technology. Our members come together to explore and create a variety of media forms, including journalism, photography, videography and audio-visual arts. The Club offers a wealth of opportunities to help members develop their skills in the ever-expanding field of multimedia. Those who are interested in video production, school event coverage, or simply honing your craft, the SST Media Club is the perfect place to start.
Our Club is designed to offer members a range of exciting and educational experiences. From workshops and guest speaker events to hands-on projects and passion projects, there is something for everyone. Members, or affectionately known as “Media Clubbers”, will have the chance to learn from experts in the field, as well as from one another, through collaboration and shared experiences.
At the SST Media Club, members will be able to develop a range of practical skills, including camera work, editing, storytelling, and much more. They will also be able to explore their creative side and bring their ideas to life through personal projects. Whether a member is seasoned in the various media forms or just starting out, the SST Media Club is the perfect place to grow and develop their skills in multimedia and technology.
- [Optional] Wednesdays (2.30pm to 4.30pm)
[For students interested in The Immersive Media with Apple programme or Student-Interest Groups]
- Fridays (2.30pm to 4.30pm)
Key Competitions/ Programme
- Media Skills Training by Experts in Photography, Videography and Animation.
- SST Media Club-Scouts Basic Photography Training
- Journalism Team for SSTraits Times Publication
- Ministry of Education’s ‘Our School, Our Stories’ Competition
- Secondary 4 Graduation Project
- Media Club Exhibition
SYFgoesOnline! 2022 Showcase(Pixel Perfect) Shortlisted entry
- CHIA JIA EN, ANGELYN (S2-05)
Our Schools, Our Stories’ 2022 Photo & Video Contest
- ‘SST - the red, the blue, the grey’ won the Honorable Mention Award under the Youth category - “Video: What I go to School for”
- CLAIRE TAN YU HAN (S4-09)
- RACHEL HO (S4-06)
- SG75 Competition
- 1st position (Open Dynamic Individual category)
- Digital for Life Youth Awards organised by IMDA
- The team “stress_pop!” achieved the Commendation award for their video which was aimed at raising awareness on mental health issues
- LIU SHYANG WAN IAN (S4-06)
- NEO GAO EN (S4-07)
Sharing by Media Club Alumni
Media Club EXCO Members at ‘A Day @ SST’
Learning Journey to TheSmartLocal Office
Secondary One Media Clubbers with their trainer