School Vision, Mission, Values and Goals
A globally connected institution dedicated to transforming learning
To nurture passionate innovators who apply knowledge of science and technology, guided by the spirit of the humanities for a better world
Members of the SST community will embark on every endeavour with passion, commitment, confidence and courage; and a belief that our best efforts will bring about positive outcomes for the common good, whilst developing excellence in personal work ethics and character. SST is an organization where people care about and work towards being the best they can be, both personally and at the organizational and community levels.
Building an Empowered Community
In SST, we shall build ourselves and others, in every interaction and decision we make, and through respect and responsibility, live our espoused shared values with a sense of efficacy and desire to improve. We shall empower ourselves and others with positive thoughts to explore what is possible and to bring SST to greater heights. We will contribute to constructing the future world that we will inhabit and make it better for generations to come. We will take responsibility of and care for the SST and larger community beyond.
Expanding Learning Networks
SST is an ecological entity unto itself, where individuals with diverse interests, talents and world-views converge as a learning community, and where everyone is interdependent and actively leverages the diversity to share knowledge and build collective wisdom. SST is positioned to be a forerunner in learning on the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) platform, and in leading the way for learning communities in Singapore and beyond.
At SST, students will be nurtured to become:
- Life-long learners of Character who are imbued with intellectual curiosity and humility, and intrinsic motivation to continue to learn and grow, whilst squarely anchored in ethical values.
- Creative Thinkers and Innovators who possess inquiring and inventive minds with the confidence and courage to seize and transform opportunities for the benefit of society.
- Collaborative and Independent Problem Solvers who are self-directed individuals, yet value participation and contributions from others, as they recognise the inextricable interdependence of humanity in managing the challenges that abound.
- Dynamic Leaders in Service of Humanity who are movers and shakers; and who challenge the status quo to improve society.
- Active Local and Global Citizens who are stewards of their lives and the community beyond; and who bridge cultures, beliefs and international borders to create a better world.