The Humanities curriculum is designed to promote a deeper understanding of people and places through the in-depth study of various political, economic, social and environmental factors. Through the study of History, Geography and Social Studies, students will engage in a wide range of local and global issues, and develop a holistic perspective of the world. Humanities students will also have opportunities to embark on inquiry-based fieldwork, local and overseas learning journeys, as well as participate in various competitions such as the annual NUS Geography Challenge and Model United Nations. These platforms are specially curated to allow students to explore their interest and apply their knowledge in specific areas in the Humanities.
- Secondary 1 Learning Journey to the Asian Civilisations Museum
- Secondary 2 Learning Journey to WWII commemorative museums (E.g. National Museum of Singapore)
- Social Studies Parliament visits on sitting days
- National University of Singapore Geography Challenge (Upper Secondary)
- Model United Nations (UN) with organising schools (e.g. ACS(I), SCGS, River Valley High School)