Character and Citizenship Education (CCE)
Central to developing the SST student holistically is the Character and Citizenship Education (CCE) Programme. CCE in SST aims to prepare the students for the vulnerable, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world of the future.
The SST CCE Programme is an intentional, proactive effort to develop students holistically and imbue core ethical values through its academic and non-academic programmes. It aims to develop 21st Century skills in our students so that they are anchored in sound moral values and able to lead a life of good conduct. They will learn how to contribute actively and meaningfully to the community.
SST provides opportunities for students to champion Cyber Wellness and promotes healthy moral and ethical behaviours in the real and virtual worlds. The team advocates the 3Es (Engaging, Empowering and Envisioning) under the umbrella of the Cyber Wellness Programme to reach out to youths.
The Cyber Wellness Programme aims to:
- Create awareness and understanding of Cyber Wellness issues.
- Champion the cause of Cyber Wellness within the SST community and beyond.
- Optimise the proactive involvement of student leadership in Cyber Wellness by engaging, empowering and harnessing the potential of youths.
The SST Cyber Wellness programme emphasizes on the importance of developing students’ instincts to protect themselves and empower them to take responsibility for their own well-being in cyberspace. The overarching principles of ‘Respect for Self and Others’ and ‘Safe and Responsible Use’ acts as a moral compass in guiding students’ moral character and actions in cyberspace.
Click here to find out more about our students’ involvement in our Cyber Wellness programme.
National Education Programme
The National Education (NE) Programme aims to nurture a community of learners who believe in Singapore and understand what matters to Singapore. It aims to develop national cohesion, cultivate the instinct for survival as a nation and instil in our students, confidence in our nation’s future. It also emphasises the cultivating of a sense of belonging and emotional rootedness to Singapore.
Through the NE programme, our students will be able to develop an awareness of facts, circumstances and opportunities facing Singapore, so that they will be able to make decisions for their future with conviction and realism. (Adapted from http://www.ne.edu.sg/)
The National Education Programme in SST aims to:
- Nurture a community of learners who have a sense of belonging and pride to the school (identity as SST students; rootedness).
- Create challenging and fulfilling experiences in promoting citizenship education and cross-cultural understanding (through systemic structures and platforms put in place school-wide).
- Develop world-ready and future-looking student ambassadors to represent SST and Singapore.
- Raise the national consciousness of the SST student community (as we forge ahead to become a global leader in transforming learning).