Envisioned to be a global leader in transforming learning, the School of Science and Technology, Singapore (SST) seeks to nurture passionate innovators who improve society through real-world applications of science and technology. If you value forging excellence, building an empowered community and expanding learning networks, talk to us about building a rewarding career at SST!
Communications & Engagement Executive
The Communications & Engagement Executive supports the Manager in administration-centred activities such as
- Handle media relations and public queries to generate positive publicity for the school
- Assist in crafting, publication and dissemination of news releases and copywriting of communications materials
- Provide marketing and corporate communications support to the school through production of e-collaterals and onsite branding around the school
- Support key events and visits to reach out to the stakeholders
- Plan, write and disseminate internal staff newsletter
- Manage corporate gift inventory and policy
- Archive and maintain exchanges items and projects at Exhibition Centre
- Support the promotion of positive relations with the school’s partners
- Event support and implementation
- Explore electronic platforms and social media marketing to reach out to net-savvy audiences
- Update school website information, administer e-marketing campaigns
- Minimum Diploma in Communications / Arts or related disciplines
- Some experience in marketing, advertising or public relations
- Confident with a pleasant personality
- Ability to work as a team player
- Knowledge of graphic / multimedia design software (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, iMovie, Final Cut Pro), web publishing platforms (WordPress,Mailchimp,FlipHTML5) and event management portals (Eventbrite)
- Effectively bilingual is a plus
The Science Technologist works closely with HOD,Science to ensure smooth operations of Chemistry laboratory duties in a school environment. Job duties include
- Carry out daily laboratory practicals independently, ensure that materials and apparatus have been correctly prepared for the assigned class/level
- Design and produce teaching resources in collaboration with teachers
- Assist with procurement and preparation of materials and supervising students working on Science projects
- Oversees preparation for GCE O level Science Practical Examination and assist preparation for GCE O-Level Physics and Biology Examinations
- Ensure strict adherence to workplace safety practices, this includes inducting new teachers and students on laboratory safety matters and conducting risk assessments
- Take charge of stocks and inventories in assigned areas, ensure proper house-keeping and maintenance
- Assist with Biotechnology practicals
- Diploma in Chemical Process Technology or equivalent
- Team player and meticulous to details, candidate must be open to learning new areas of work to support the smooth running of the school
Human Resource Executive
The HR Executive reports to the HR Manager and supports the Department in the timely delivery of HR policies, programmes and services which are in line with local regulations and industry best practices. Duties include
- Perform duties relating to recruitment, on-boarding and off-boarding
- Administer employee’s records and staff benefits
- Maintain training records, register training programmes and submit claims
- Attend to employee’s enquires on HR-related matters
- Prepare HR reports and notes of department meeting
- Provide support on HR initiatives/projects to meet the school’s goals
- Diploma in Human Resource. Those without diploma but possess relevant experience may also apply.
- 2 years of relevant working experience.
- Service oriented and meticulous to details.
How to apply:
Please send your detailed resume, educational certificates and transcripts with present and expected salaries to email@example.com.
All information submitted to SST will be treated with strictest confidentiality and will not be returned.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.