The Global Citizenship Programme (GCP) is designed to nurture our students into becoming global citizens who:
- See the world as an interconnected set of systems
- Seek to interact with and learn from people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Possess the attributes that will allow them to take advantage of the myriad of opportunities abroad
- Develop an empathy for those whom they share the planet with
- Are willing to take action to contribute to a just and sustainable world.
The Global Citizenship Programme aims to:
- Develop in students an interest in local and global issues, especially cross-cultural issues within Singapore, as well as with ASEAN, Asian and other countries
- Develop in students an understanding of Singapore’s relationships with ASEAN, Asia and the other parts of the world
- Promote self-awareness, self-management and responsible decision-making in students
- Provide a platform for students to embrace diversity and cultivate respect for all people
- Develop stewardship and leadership by seeking ways to make positive changes to the world around them.
- Provide a platform to develop talents of students in areas such as CCA, Service Learning, Leadership and Academic Domains.
8 to 11 November 2011: GCP Trip to the institution – Maktab Sains Paduka Seri Begawan Sultan (MSPSBS)
- To provide a platform for our students to develop an understanding of Singapore’s relationship with Brunei
- To provide a meaningful opportunity for our students to explore, appreciate and understand the culture and language of the people in Brunei
- To provide an opportunity for our students to experience what school life is like in Brunei
- To provide an opportunity for our students to forge friendships and build ties with students in Brunei
Click here to find out more about their GCP Trip to Brunei!
8 to 12 November 2011: GCP Trip to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- To learn about the geo-political history of Vietnam
- To provide our students with opportunities to establish friendships with peers in a Vietnamese School
- To promote cross-cultural understanding and appreciation of the unique ethnicity of Vietnam
8 to 13 November 2011: GCP Trip to Yunnan, China
- To enable our students to provide leadership for their Secondary 1 juniors in planning and executing community service projects that are meaningful and beneficial to the local community in Yunnan
- To strengthen the competence, confidence and commitment of the student participants through community service
22 to 28 May 2011: GCP Trip to our twinning school, Renda Fuzhong Xishan School of Beijing, China
- To extend our students’ understanding on the geo-political history and culture of China
- To enhance our students’ understanding and appreciation of China’s role and identity, especially in Asia in the 21st century
- To broaden our students’ learning networks with the prestigious Renda Fuzhong Xishan School
23 to 27 May 2011: GCP Trip to Mt. Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
- To cultivate the spirit of adventure in our students
- To strengthen mental and physical endurance through challenging outdoor pursuits
- To promote cross-cultural understanding and appreciation of the unique Sabahan ethnic communities
Click here to find out more about their GCP Trip to Mt. Kota Kinabalu, Sabah!
22 to 26 May 2011: GCP Trip to Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- To enable our students to plan and execute community service projects that are meaningful and beneficial to the local community in Phnom Penh
- To broaden our students’ perspectives of volunteerism by serving the community in humility
- To enable our students to reflect and evaluate on their own dispositions and personal value system in serving the community
22 to 28 May 2011: GCP Trip to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- To discover the relationship between cultural influences and the architectural development in South Vietnam
- To have a deeper understanding of urban planning issues
- To be aware of the impact that rapid urbanization has on the environment and the urgent need for sustainable development in the urban planning process
- To gain an insight of Singapore’s strengths in urban planning and sustainable management skillsets being exported to a developing nation
Click here to find out more about their GCP Trip to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam!