- This is the website of the School of Science and Technology, Singapore. Thank you for examining our privacy statement.
- If you are only browsing this website, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually.
- If you choose to make an application or send us an e-mail for which you provide us with personally identifiable data, we may share necessary data with other Government agencies, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. We will NOT share your personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services.
- For your convenience, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied us or other Government agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data. We will retain your personal data only as necessary for the effective delivery of public services to you.
- To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies.
- This site may contain links to non-Government sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
Examples of personal data include but not limited to, name, age, citizenship, identification number, academic status and results, achievements, medical and disability information, residential address, mobile and residential telephone number, personal email address, bank account, photograph or video image, as well as student works and reflections.
SST will/may collect, use, disclose and/or process your child/children and/or your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- Processing your child/children admission application with us;
- Administering, processing and/or managing your child/children application(s) for awards, scholarship (whether such award or scholarship is provided by the School or any third party) and/or financial assistance, grants or bursaries, and if successful, administering and/or managing your child/children awards, scholarships and/or financial assistance, grants or bursaries;
- Supporting and/or dealing with your child/children studies, trainings, competitions, health, medical needs, safety and welfare requirements such as but not limited to student support services, counselling, careers advices and health services; such as
- Dental Checks
- Processing of Concession Cards
- Processing of NRIC Registration
- including General Student related activities
- Administering and/or managing overseas programmes (GCP trips)
- Administering and/or managing activities organised and/or held by SST and its partners. Please do note that photographs(s) or video/interview images of your child/children and/or you may be taken during such activities and used, disclosed, processed and published in materials (both soft and hard copy) such as on SST and our partners’ online social media platforms, newsletters or other publications, handbooks, prospectus, yearbooks or any materials/books and you agree to the same;
- Administering and/or managing the use of facilities including but not limited to your child/children accommodation needs, provision of Information Technology services and recreation facilities;
- Contacting your child/children and/or you via different modes such as phone/voice call, short text message, email and/or postal mail for School related matters such as but not limited to School terms and events, studies, training and competition arrangement, fees and boarding and communicating with your child/children and/or you in the event of public transport disruptions, emergencies or other extraneous circumstances such as national disasters, health pandemics, fire drills, evacuation drills and etc.
- Carrying out background checks, investigation and screen activities in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations that may be required by the Singapore law or that may have been put in place by us;
- Dealing with complaints related matters;
- Conducting disciplinary and security matters and/or arrangements. Please be informed there are surveillance cameras installed in SST for security reasons;
- Producing statistics and research for internal and/or statutory reporting and/or record keeping requirements and performing SST policy/process reviews;
- Carrying out research, analysis and development activities, including but not limited to data analytics, surveys and/or profiling to improve any of the School’s programmmes etc;
- Responding to requests for information from local hospitals, embassies, public agencies, ministries, statutory boards or similar authorities.
- Complying with any government or regulatory requirements of any relevant jurisdiction to make disclosure;
- Maintaining and promoting your child/children alumnus relationship with us by informing your child/children and/or you, but not limited to, of activities, events and updates to the School’s development by phone/voice call, short text message, email and/or postal mail and by providing your child/children and/or you with SST’s publications that are for alumni.
- Conducting publicity and/or the development of promotional materials to showcase and market your child/children achievements as a student and/or alumnus of SST, publishing your child/children and/or your image and/or personal data on public media platforms. You hereby grant SST permissions to use your child/children and/or your name, photograph, video images, personal story and information you provide to SST in the School’s promotional materials.
Disclosure to 3rd Parties
- SST may be required to disclose your child/children and/or your personal data to third parties which would be processing your child/children and/or your personal data for one or more above purposes. These 3rd parties include but not limited to the followings:
- Organisations with which we are collaborating for one or more of the above mentioned purposes;
- Individuals, Organisations and/or any government authority who have provided your child/children with scholarships, financial assistance, awards, medals or prizes during the period of your child/children studies in SST and who request for information relating to your child/children progress and result as a student in SST;
- Any service providers engaged by SST who process your child/children and/or your personal data on behalf of the School including but not limited to hospitals, medical centre(s), Outward Bound Schools and those which supply administrative services to the School such as manufactures of award medals, plaques, trophies, information technology companies and printers of the School publications; and
- Organisations and/or educational institutions which are involved in exchange programmes with us
We may/would not be able to process your child/children with us for place and/or financial assistance, grants and/or bursaries whether they are from us or external organisations should you fail to supply us certain personal data. Likewise, SST may/would not be able to effectively administer our relationship with your child/children and/or you.
The School will not disclose any extend greater than necessary which we determine in good faith.
Access, Update, Correction and Withdrawal
You have the right to request access to, update and/or correct your child/children and/or your personal data held by us. You can do so at http://sst.sdm.sg.
Should you need further enquiries or assistance on SDM, you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide details of your access, update and/or correction request.
You may withdraw your consent given, whether in part or as a whole. Depending on the degree of your withdrawal of consent for us to collect, use, disclose and/or process your child/children and/or your personal data, we may not be able to administer process and/or manage your child/children and/or your existing relationship with us. Should you wish to withdraw your consent in part of whole, please send an email to email@example.com and provide details of your withdrawal request.
If you have any questions relating to our collection, use, disclose and/or process of your child/children and/or your personal data or the matters set out in this document, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org