The provision of excellent and top-notch facilities is important in providing a world-class education for our students. Our campus, which is fully equipped with great facilities and modern technology, testifies that we offer an environment that is conducive for bright minds to spark off good ideas.
Some of the key features in our campus are:
a) Specialised Studios and Labs
The campus will have fully equipped studios and specialised laboratories to cater to SST’s curriculum. The key facilities are:
- Fully Wireless-Enabled Campus – This allows SST students to readily access and share information for collaborative learning anytime and anywhere.
- Teaching Facilities – Essential teaching amenities include 60 classrooms with ensuite lockers, 2 incubation rooms, a lecture theatre, a 400-seater auditorium and a two-storey library.
- Science Hub – Incorporating design inputs of Ngee Ann Polytechnic, the Science Hub provides opportunities for independent and joint research experimentation.
There are 9 Science laboratories and unique facilities, such as the multi-functional NAWIS(R) system in the Physics laboratories, which allow for more flexibility, mobility and collaborations. The labs are fully equipped with research equipment that support the students’ explorations in the field of Analytical Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences and Sensor Technology.
The Science Hub is also fitted with a research laboratory to cater for project work, as well as a tissue culture room.
- Design Studios – The studios will support design work for the ADMT (Art, Design, Media & Technology) Subject. The studios will integrate the classroom, computer lab and workshop into a seamless learning space for design activities ranging from conceptualisation to realisation, and can be reconfigured to double up as exhibition areas.
- Media Studio – Supporting the Media Studies Applied Subject, the fully sound-proofed media studio will allow students to broadcast live news feeds to the whole school and to the Web.
- Innovators and Entrepreneurs’ Hub – This will allow students to hold video conferences with technopreneurs and inventors overseas, simulate various corporate and industry environments and support SST’s focus on innovation and enterprise.
- Sports & CCA Facilities – The Ngee Ann Kongsi Sports Complex consists of a huge multi-purpose hall, a standard indoor sports hall, a gym, a dance studio, music room, and a roof-top basketball court cum running track for various CCA trainings. The multi-purpose hall caters for multiple types of sports including basketball, floorball, netball or volleyball.
Outdoor sports facilities include a synthetic football field and an outdoor fitness area that specially caters to the test items in NAPFA. The complex is also decked with 3 CCA Rooms, 2 Incubation Rooms, 1 Special Studio Room and 1 Student Leader’s Room.
The new campus will retain as much of the existing green spaces as possible as part of the school landscape. Rooftop spaces are effectively utilised to minimise construction on the ground. The school also boasts of solar panels on its main building and an eco-garden.
The 306 sqm eco-garden provides an avenue for students to be in touch with nature while augmenting studies in applied sciences. Amidst the wide range of flora and fauna in the garden is a mud-based eco-pond, which simulates actual habitat of pondlife.
c) Flexible Learning Spaces & Recreational Facilities
While each class will have only 20 to 25 students, flexible classrooms with foldable dividing walls, could be opened up for a teacher to address two classes of up to 50 students at the same time.
SST students will also be able to find many collaboration spaces for interaction, reflection, discussion and review of classroom learning. There will also be display areas for students to showcase their creations to the school and the community.
An example of this is Our Space@SST, a 57.1 sqm room which adopts an open concept for students to recreate the venue by rearranging the set-up based on their needs.