ISB Enhancement (Effective 1 April 2019)
MOE Independent School Bursary (ISB) Scheme
Students (Singapore Citizens) who successfully gain admission into Secondary One at SST may apply for the MOE Independent School Bursary (ISB).
How to Apply?
Students who wish to apply for the bursary can obtain the application form from SST General Office, or download a copy of the MOE ISB Application Form.
MOE Financial Assistance and Independent School Bursary SchemeStudents may also apply for the MOE ISB at any time throughout the academic year should the need arise. The bursary will take effect in the month the application is approved. There will be NO backdating of the effective month.
All completed application forms, together with the necessary documents should be submitted to the General Office.
Tenure of Bursary
All ISB cases approved will be valid until December of the year. Fresh applications will have to be submitted for each academic year.
Income Limits and Benefits
The student needs only satisfy either the Gross Household Income (GHI) or the Per Capita Income (PCI) criterion. PCI is computed based on the GHI divided by the number of members in the household (including parents, siblings and grandparents).
Income Limits and Benefits (From 1 April 2019)
|Monthly Gross Household Income||Per Capita Income||Enhanced Benefits*(with effect from 1 April 2019)|
|Not exceeding $2,750||Not exceeding $690||
|$2,751 – $4,000||$691 – $1,000||Subsidy such that student pays the equivalent of government and government-aided school (GGAS) fee^|
|$4,001 – $6,900||$1,001 – $1,725||Subsidy such that student pays the equivalent of 1.5 times GGAS fee^|
|$6,901 – $9,000||$1,726 – $2,250||33% school fee subsidy and miscellaneous fees|
^ GGAS fee comprises school fee, standard miscellaneous fee and maximum 2nd tier miscellaneous fee payable by Singapore Citizen students studying in GGAS. For 2019, the GGAS fee is $25 per month or $300 per year (in secondary level).
With effect from 1 April 2019, MOE has introduced the UPLIFT Scholarship to recognise the achievements of students in Independent Schools who have performed well academically or in specific talents areas, and are from lower-income families.
The UPLIFT Scholarship is awarded to students who are:
- Singapore Citizens attending Independent Schools;
- Admitted to the school through Direct School Admission or qualified for the Edusave Scholarships for Independent Schools; and
- From families with gross monthly household income (GHI) ≤ $2,750, or gross monthly household per capita income (PCI) ≤ $690 (PCI = GHI divided by the number of household members). (Note: these students qualify for 100% fee subsidy under the Independent School Bursary (ISB)).
ISB recipients receiving 100% fee subsidy will be auto-awarded the UPLIFT Scholarship. To apply, please submit the completed ISB application form and all relevant documents to the school.
Students who require additional financial assistance may approach the school. You may call the General Office (Tel: 6571 7200) for enquiry or clarification.
Here are some links to bursaries offered by external organisations:
- Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) – NEU PC Plus Programme
- MENDAKI Education Trust Fund (ETF)
- MDIS Education Trust Fund (ETF)
- Chinese Development Assistance Council (CDAC) Bursary
- SINDA Bursary
- The Straits Times School Pocket Money Fund