Art engages the hearts and minds of the creator and the viewer; Design embodies the spirit to innovate and solve problems in order to make our world a better place; Media tells stories and asks questions by engaging all our senses; and Technology is the mover and catalyst of our imagination and creativity.
When taken together, Art, Design, Media and Technology (ADMT) crosses traditional boundaries and nurtures creativity and the spirit of innovation as never before. It provides an interdisciplinary worldview in line with the thrust of the school of promoting integrated learning across subjects. It demands knowledge of the various disciplines as well as fluency of higher order thought processes to conceptualise authentic artifacts and products from design situations. It provides a platform for communication that transcends time, space, cultures and situations.
Students will be able to:
- Use generative as well as focusing tools to generate original ideas
- Apply the Design Process stages iteratively in their design task
- Use various media tools and technology to conceptualise and design coherent messages, themes, and artifacts to communicate their ideas, thoughts, feelings and solutions effectively
- Visualize, sketch, storyboard, photograph and model their ideas
- Apply scientific and mathematical principals to design functional artifacts
ADMT lays the foundation for students to pursue Art, Design and Media related courses by building a strong foundation, developing creative processes and visual communication skills, and contextualizing the roles of technology, society and culture in the various creative fields.
Click here to view our students’ impressive works and find out more about their incredible learning journeys!