Science furthers the understanding of our natural and physical worlds as well as the wider universe through the process of scientific inquiry; which involves generating ideas, testing hypotheses, gathering evidence through observations, and conducting investigations and modeling. Through the study of Science, our students will become confident citizens in a technological world, able to take or develop an informed interest in matters of scientific importance.
By the end of four years, a SST graduate will be able to:
- Understand and apply major concepts in biology, chemistry and physics
- Develop an understanding of the natural and physical worlds, built on current scientific theories and apply what they have learnt to authentic solutions
- Engage in the process of scientific inquiry
- Apply critical and creative thinking to solve problems and create new knowledge
- Become more aware of ethical and moral issues related to scientific advances.
Click here to view our students’ impressive works and find out more about their incredible learning journeys!