The Innovation and Entrepreneurship programme at SST presupposes that innovative and entrepreneurial mindsets can be developed through practice and internalization of relevant knowledge and skills, which when acquired will give students the competitive advantage as well as the necessary aptitudes and attitudes to function optimally and successfully in the real world.
At SST, we believe that a practitioner with an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset will be instinctively alert to changes in the environment, respond to it and leverage on the opportunities afforded.
SST’s goal of developing an ‘Active Innovator, Living Entrepreneur’ encapsulates the spirit of lifelong practice of innovation and entrepreneurship by our students. The Innovation and Entrepreneurship programme aims to:
- Provide students the foundational knowledge and understanding of innovation and entrepreneurship
- Foster in students an innovative spirit and the openness to embrace change
- Help students understand that innovation is a critical component of the process leading to excellence
- Inculcate in students an entrepreneurial mindset of seeking, recognising and seizing opportunities through change, and being resourceful in their endeavours;
- Instill in students the willingness to take considered risks and face challenges
- Offer students opportunities to practice innovation and entrepreneurship in simulated and authentic contexts.
Click here to find out more about our Entrepreneurship Advisory Council (EAC).